By now, most everyone is familiar with CRM applications. In fact, most companies, large and small, use a CRM tool, module, software or platform for customer information tracking and reporting. Certainly, the majority of companies only ever consider CRM as an internal use system but what about CRM portals? Using CRM as an internal “System of Truth” has many business benefits such as:
- Grow sales with your potential customers
- Segmenting and targeting your customers specifically
- Drive referrals from satisfied customers
- Use reporting features to make better decisions for:
- Marketing communications
- Contact campaigns
All of the above is largely known today but there are many more advantages with CRM portals.
With CRM portals, there is potential to create an information hub to bridge the connection between partners, customers and you. Typically, this is accomplished with a webpage frontend that interacts with only those parts of your CRM system you want those outside your organization to access. With a CRM portal, you can create custom branded systems with multiple different security and permissions depending on the user.
What can CRM portals allow your customer, partners and other external users to do? Below is just a partial list of typical portal functionality.
- Update account information
- Access blogs and other company information
- Submit support cases
- Submit orders
- View support or order information
- Join discussion forums
- Sign up for programs or events
- Receive notifications
- Set or check calendar appointments
- Pay bills
- Enable CSS – Customer Self Service
- Design a Knowledge Base
- Advanced search capabilities across the platform
CRM Portals provide a medium for people outside your company to engage and collaborate with you in a more meaningful and immediate environment bolstering existing relationships and creating new ones.
At FMT, we have helped our CRM customers with a wide array of portal functionality, empowering business communication and creating more profitable relationships with customers.
We are happy to engage in a discovery session to help you discover how a CRM portal may help your business. Get in contact with us by filling out the contact form below!