E-Signatures with EchoSign and NetSuite
Have you ever wondered if there’s an easier and more efficient way to obtain signatures on contracts or other important documents? Well, your wondering time is over. EchoSign for NetSuite automates your documents approval processes and eliminates the hassle of tedious and paper based approval processes.
What is EchoSign:
EchoSign is a complete, automated electronic signature and web contracting solution, featuring a smooth and easy document signing experience that allows you to instantly send, e-sign, track and file documents securely online.
EchoSign is the only e-Signature system with complete integration to NetSuite, delivering complete web contracting automation in NetSuite. With EchoSign you can easily send contracts or other documents directly from your NetSuite instance. You can view contract history, save contracts that were signed by your clients with the associated NetSuite records: (i.e.: customers, estimates, sales orders and more) and much more.
With EchoSign for NetSuite You Can:
- Send any agreement for e-Signature or fax signature directly from within NetSuite
- Create agreements linked to a Customer, Estimate or other NetSuite records and send in one click
- Allow recipients to sign on their computers or their mobile devices
- Gain real-time visibility into every contract sent from NetSuite
- View a detailed audit trail in NetSuite and get instant document event updates
- With a single click, generate an Estimate and send it for signature to the account's primary contact
Before you can install a bundle, you need signup for EchoSign services. Although the EchoSign bundle is free of charge for the owners of NetSuite account, the EchoSign service is not free. For more information on signup fees, please visit this website www.echosign.adobe.com/en/pricing.html.
If you wish to test drive EchoSign, you can sign up for a trial account here. Once you have registered with EchoSign:
- You will need to sign in to your account at www.echosign.com using the credentials obtained when completing the initial registration (described above).
- Click on the ‘Account Tab'
- Click ‘Enable API Access’ and get your API key on the same page. Your key should look something like this:
- Record this information somewhere as you would need to enter it in Netsuite once you enable the bundle.
Installation in NetSuite:
- Like most bundle installation, please proceed by following these steps:
- Go to Setup > Customization > Search and Install Bundles. Click on 'Advanced' Link
- In the keywords type in 8988 (Bundle ID). You should be able to locate 'Adobe EchoSign eSignatures for NetSuite'.
- Install the bundle.
- Once the bundle is installed, go to:
Setup > Company > General Preferences > Custom Preferences subtab > Section 'Adobe EchoSign eSignatures for NetSuite'.
- Enter your API key that you generated during the EchoSign Signup stage. Your API key will look something like this: 'STMGPD3VM2BP24'
- Save the preferences.
You are now ready to send your transactions or documents to your customers for E-Signing. Let's say you wanted to send a quote to your client for approval and you require the client to sign the document before you can proceed with the creation of a Sales Order or an Invoice.
When you click on the 'Send for Signature' button you are brought to a new EchoSign Record (EchoSign Agreement). NetSuite creates an agreement record, transfers your quote into a pdf format and attaches it under the 'Documents' tab of your EchoSign Record.
At this stage you can edit the record and adjust the settings:
- Signature Type
- Set Signature Order (i.e: I sing, then recipients sign)
- Set Password for Signatures
- Set Password to View PDF
- You can Set Reminders for Recipients to Sign
- Select a different language
Once you are happy with the settings you have to add the recipient under the 'Recipients' tab and save the agreement. Next step is to click on the 'Send for Signature' button.
As soon as you send the agreement, NetSuite's EchoSign bundle will communicate with EchoSign API and send out your document for signing. The agreement will change the status to 'Out for Signature'.
When signed, you, as a sender, will be notified of this event and the status of the agreement will change to 'Signed'. After this, you can proceed and create your Sales Order / Invoice for that client.
Now, think of the possibilities! You can further customize this functionality and tie it in with Saved Searches and Reminders to notify you of signed agreement on your own NetSuite Dashboard!
Good luck with your testing and I hope you will enjoy this functionality as much as I do.
Contact FMT Consultants to learn more about NetSuite and EchoSign
Written by Ilija Budimir, Senior NetSuite Consultant
Posted by: Jakob Bechgaard