How to Automatically Send Customer Statementsin NetSuite
Tired of manually sending customer statements every time? Here is how you can easily set up a workflow in NetSuite that will allow you to automatically send customer statements.
Create a Custom Field that will act as a flag
This field will be used to act as a flag. If this check box is checked, then this customer wants to receive a statement email on a recurring basis. If this field is not checked, the customer will not receive an emailed statement.
- Navigate to Customization -> List, Records, Fields -> Entity Fields -> New
- Change Type to Check Box and apply it to Customer
- Check this box on the customer records of the customers that want to have a balance email sent
Create a Saved Search for Customers with Open Balances
The results of this search will be the list of customers that need to be emailed
- Navigate to Lists -> Search -> Saved Searches -> New
- Set the criteria of which customers you want to email. Make sure to set Customer Wants Statement Email to true as part of the criteria.
- Check the Results. In this example we have 31 customers with a balance greater than 0 who want statement emails
Create a Workflow
This workflow will automate the process of sending balance emails to customers
- Navigate to Customization -> Scripting -> Workflows -> New
- Choose record type as customer and the saved search you created as the saved search filter:
- Add a new action Send Email. Make sure to check Include Statement
- Complete Workflow:
Once executed, all the customers from the original saved search are sent an email of their balance.
It's as simple as that! Never worry about missing a customer statement again, let NetSuite do all the work for you. If you have any questions regarding workflows in NetSuite, please let us know by filling out the form below.