Microsoft Dynamics GP year-end closing procedures
Closing the books in Microsoft Dynamics GP can be a time consuming and tedious process, and if done wrong it can be costly to recover lost or damaged data and get your GP system back on track.
But fear not. Your Dynamics GP year-end close doesn’t have to be an annually recurring headache. Ensuring a smooth GP year-end close all comes down to planning ahead, taking the necessary precautions and closing the different Dynamics GP modules in the correct order.
At FMT, our Dynamics GP experts have put together a comprehensive Dynamics GP 2015 Period-End & Year-End Closing Manual.
The year-end closing guide is applicable for all versions of Dynamics GP up to GP 2015 R2.
Please note: the navigation might differ slightly for older versions of Dynamics GP, and the year-end tax update is only available for GP 2013 and up.
What’s included in the GP year-end closing manual?
Our comprehensive Dynamics GP year-end close guide contains 86 pages with screenshots and detailed instructions on how to properly close the books in GP. The guide provides instructions for each Dynamics GP module, and each section is accompanied by a checklist to ensure you’ve covered all steps needed for a successful close.
Preparing for Year-End Close
- Backing up the GP Company Database
- SQL Maintenance
- Closing and Creating Fiscal Periods
- Dynamics GP Module Closing Order
Dynamics GP Period-End Closing Procedures
- Inventory Period-End Closing
- Receivables Management Period-End Closing
- Payables Management Period-End Closing
- Fixed Assets Period-End Closing
- General Ledger Period-End Closing
- Payroll Period-End Closing
Dynamics GP Year-End Closing Procedures
- Inventory Year-End Closing
- Receivables Management Year-End Closing
- Payables Management Year-End Closing
- Fixed Assets Management Year-End Closing
- General Ledger Year-End Closing
- Payroll Year-End Closing