How to Enter and Post a Quick Journal Transaction in Microsoft Dynamics GP
This video demonstrates how to use the Quick Journal feature to quickly enter a common journal entry in Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains). This method is best used when the accounts repeat but amounts do not.
As shown in the video, the steps are as follows:
1. Open the Quick Journal Entry window
2. Enter a unique Journal ID number. This Journal ID can consist of letters and will be saved for future reference
3. The Quick Journal Setup will open
4. Enter the Description, Source Document, Reference, and Offset Account number for this Journal ID. These settings will be saved for future use
5. Click the “Save” button
6. Close the Quick Journal Setup window
7. The Quick Journal Entry window will populate with the settings from Step 4
The Reference field can be edited here.
8. Click “Post"
9. Print the Posting Journal
Posting Journal printing is 'on' by default, but can be turned off or modified at Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting
Please reach out if you have questions or need assistance.
Alex Smyth, Senior GP Consultant