Have you been struggling with getting your Dynamics GP 2015 Workflow email actions to work? Do you receive the workflow email, but encounter error messages when trying to approve it? Have you seen “Page cannot be displayed” or “The selected action is not available” error messages in your deployment troubleshooting? If so, then this article may be helpful for you.
In this example, we are using the Vendor Approval workflow. First, a new vendor is created and submitted for approval. An email notification for the new vendor is then generated and routed to the user account defined in the workflow.
Workflow Email Approval Notification Received:
The next error you may have encountered is when the user tries to approve the workflow, and they receive an error stating “The selected action is not available.”
Workflow Email Action Error:
What I realized was that this error usually appears when the user tries to approve from a computer outside of their domain. Adding the server FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name), instead of only the NETBIOS name, can resolve this issue.
- Go to Tools | Setup | System | Workflow Setup to verify / update the FQDN Server Name.
- Go to Purchasing | Cards | Vendor to test the approval process. Create a new vendor and click submit.
- Under the Workflow Action pop-up window add any necessary comments and click Submit again.
- Click Approve, Reject, or Delegate in the subsequent email you receive.Workflow Email Approval Notification Received:
- After selecting the appropriate action (Approve, Reject, Delegate), a new web page tab will open so that you can add a comment and/or approve.Workflow Email Action Form:
We hope that this blog helped teach you how to troubleshoot Dynamics GP 2015 Workflow error messages. If you encounter more error messages or have additional questions about Dynamics GP, our experts are happy to help. Fill out the form below to get in touch.